Saturday, April 12, 2014

Saving Mr. Banks and Illness

Yesterday, I got sent home from work because I was sick.  Before I left, I rented some movies from Redbox. One of the two movies I got was Saving Mr. Banks.  I had wanted to see it for a while and for once it was in stock.  So I got it.  And I'm so glad that I did.

I love the movie Mary Poppins and I thought it would be cool to see some of the back story of how she came to be.  I didn't expect the movie to touch me so.  P.L. Travers had such an interesting backstory that you can't help but fall in love with her (even though most of the movie you kinda want to do anything but love her).

One of the things I didn't expect to love so much was Ralph played by Paul Giamatti.  I have always loved him so that wasn't surprising but his character touched my heart, as it did to Mrs. Travers as well.

Seriously, if you haven't seen this movie...GO!  It's so sweet and touching.  You may get a "eye-wash" but it's worth it.

Now on to the next movie I got.  Thor: The Dark World.  Big change, eh?

More later!
-Hannah

No comments: