Friday, April 11, 2014

That's Captain Jack Sparrow to you!

I got a new fish the other day. For free.  Free is good.  My apartment manager decided she didn't have time to take care of the fish along with everything else that she had going on, so she gave me all her fish stuff (including a free fish tank!) and the two fish she had.  Custard (a little tetra) and Captain Jack Sparrow (a goldfish) are the newest additions to my little tank family. Captain Jack Sparrow is a little nutty.  He's constantly asking me "Hannah, why is the rum ALWAYS gone??" and Custard is in homage to Doctor Who.  Fish fingers anyone?

It's nice to have SOMETHING to come home to that needs me.  I've always had pets and even though it's not something I can curl up with, I'm glad to have Iolana, P. Sherman (he came to me direct from 42 Wallaby Way Sydney), Francisco, Oscar (the garbage sucker), and now the two newcomers.  It makes my life interesting to see what antics they'll get themselves into.  Most recently P. Sherman swam around like a madman and then kept running into the side of the tank.  All day.

For more ravings of me, keep reading.  I'll try to keep you entertained.

-Hannah

No comments: